Building a reputation and trust in a connected culture can be difficult; how are you building a network of individuals who are dynamic, reliable, & participatory?

I think integrity is important in building a connected culture. Even when difficult, tell the truth, not just what you think people want to hear. Understand what people need to know and communicate the facts while taking into account their efforts and sensitivity to their feelings and showing support and understanding to them.
Active listening is also a critical way to build a reliable network of individuals, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to be heard through a variety of feedback tools. Respecting others is also a skill that builds reputation and trust, which helps people express themselves and communicate content as boldly as possible. Moreover, everyone should be sincere in presenting their experiences because once it is found that what you said, are lying or fictitious, you will be considered a hypocrite, and your speech on the network will become less credible.

Are you leveraging healthy relationships from your PLN for growth?

I think I have the ability to grow my PLN through my healthy relationships. It is important in personal learning networks to understand what I am networking for and who I need to meet and build relationships in the long run to achieve my goals. I will plan actions and then implement them to reach my goals. It is important to understand the key factors that affect the value of my network and develop strategies that will help me maintain and improve the value and quality of my network. If my network is bigger, the more potential contacts I will have, the more opportunities there will be and the more value there will be. Strong relationships developed over many years are naturally of higher quality than short-lived relationships. If I don’t maintain regular contact with my network, it will decline in size and quality. Not only I am able to use PLN to learn a lot, but I am also able to communicate with people on the network about academic things I want to know, and of course they are able to provide with me many helpful ideas.

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice?

The key to brainstorming social campaign themes and effective brainstorming is to get yourself in the mindset that this is where inspiration can come from anywhere and from as many places as possible.
Forums are available to provide an effective way for me to choose a PLN topic, which can stimulate discussion on the topic. By asking questions and engaging in relevant conversations. Like a brainstorming tool, the forum can help me build content and plans better and facilitate more people to communicate.
Social media can allow anyone to share their experiences, knowledge and insights with the world. A large number of users already have a large following of people who are eager to digest and share content. These influential people are the resource that created PLN for me. Their videos, pictures, and articles have gained more engagement.